Before you start creating the animation videos, you need to send a proposal. The proposal
submission is divided into two stages, Stage 1 and Stage 2. The details for both the stages are
- Stage 1
- Once the account is activated and you are logged in, proposals for video ideas
can be submitted. Click on “Send Proposal” in the drop-down list next to your
username (in the top-right corner).
- Enter your Category and Subcategory. The Subcategory field refers to the
specific subdomain in which the topic to be animated lies.
For example, if any topic related to Newtonian motion is to be animated, the
Category would be Physics and the Subcategory would be Classical Mechanics.
Note: If there is any ambiguity regarding the Subcategory (or
sub-categories) that the chosen topic comes under, enter your best guess after
performing a Google Search.
- The Title field refers to the specific topic that you have chosen to animate.
Concerning the the previous example, your title would be something like “Angular
Momentum” or “Newton’s Laws of Motion”.
- The Outline field should ideally include:
Note: If you haven’t zeroed-down on all the above specifics, try to
mention a fair estimate. 150-300 words would be sufficient.
- a general description of the chosen topic,
- the key points you intend to cover in your animation/ video,
- the tools you might use
- The Tags field should be filled with keywords relating to your topic of
animation (i.e., your Title).
Some of the possible tags for “Angular Momentum” are “Newtonian Physics”,
“Classical Mechanics” and “Rotational Motion”.
- Click on Save to Submit your proposal. You will now be able to view and edit
your proposals on the proposals page. You can access this page by selecting
“View Proposals” in the drop-down list next to your username in the top-right
corner of the website.
- Stage 2
- Once you have submitted Stage 1 of the proposal, you will receive an email on
your registered email within 3 working days. It will contain an attached Writer
document (.odt), where specific details of the animation(s) proposed have to be
- Further correspondence between the contributor and the moderator usually happens
in the same email thread.
- After the document has been submitted and has passed the moderator’s review, the
proposal is cleared for submission on the FOSSEE Animations website. The
contributor is notified of the same via email.
Please note that the second form is completed and sent after the contributor has worked
out the more precise details of their proposed animation. The moderators should get a
fair idea of what the video you animate will consist of such as the approach to
visualising a concept, the tools used and the books used for reference, among other